Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Ten Tunes Tuesday

"I ain't worried; doing me tonight
A little sweat never hurt nobody" -- Beyonce


Howdy, y'all! Can you believe it's already week 3 of our Ten Tunes Tuesday series? I'm impressed with my own consistency at this point! Ha! The above picture has nothing to do with music, but I loved it and wanted to share with my Fit buddies a little slice of one of my favorite new things in LA. For those curious, I'm standing in front of Projection LA. Originally intended to only last two weeks after its unveiling in late April, I'm happy to report that it's still there on the corner of Bates Ave and Sunset Blvd in Silver Lake. You can learn more about it by clicking the hyperlink above. So many fun photo opportunities - I only wish I was dressed more colorfully when I was there! (I was headed to a Dodger game - you know I had to represent my boys in blue!)

Saturday was a very fit day for me and two of my friends, but I'll write about that in a later blog. Today's blog post is dedicated to my love of music! My friend Shika thinks it's hilarious how much I love rap/hip-hop, so today's post is a little hip-hop centric. I have several playlists featuring some of my favorites, so I decided to highlight a few of these today (punctuated with a little pop/R&B for good measure). It probably goes without saying, but these songs tend to have explicit language, so proceed with caution. Anyway, here's today's Tuesday Ten:
  1. Beyonce - "Get Me Bodied"
  2. Eminem - "Till I Collapse"
  3. Iggy Azalea - "Beg For It"
  4. 2Pac - "California Love" <--- Heard this at the Dodger game, and it's been in my head ever since. Still love it!
  5. Missy Elliott - "Lose Control"
  6. Childish Gambino - "3005"
  7. Drake - "Started From The Bottom" <--- At the top of Mount Lee this weekend, a fellow hiker's phone started ringing to this tune. SO very appropriate. 
  8. Nelly - "Batter Up"
  9. Flo Rida - "GDFR"
  10. LL Cool J - "Mama Said Knock You Out" (Hat-tip, Chris F)
I know friends disagree with me on how motivating this music playlist can be when working out, but I absolutely love it. What types of music do you incorporate into your workout playlists? Do you change it up depending on what type of workout you do? Or do you pick a genre and stick with it? Let me know some of your favorite jams! Curious to see what everyone else's workout style is :)

Cheers!

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment