Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Ten Tunes Tuesday

"Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare." - Muhammad Ali

Hello my fit and not-so-fit friends! I can't believe it's already Tuesday... am I the only one experiencing a week that is just flying by? I also can't believe we're already well into the month of June. I declared 2015 my year back in February, but in doing so I didn't mean that I wanted to rush through it! Geez!

I spent the weekend at home this weekend, giving me lots of free time to check out new and exciting music to share for this week's Ten Tunes Tuesday post. I spent most of my weekend doing cardio - a huge departure for me lately, as I tend to be more of a gym rat lately. Give me a cold steel weight in my hand over a treadmill any day! Alas, I noticed that my energy levels in the last couple of weeks have considerably dropped, so I figured a few good pumps of the heart could be the ticket to renewed energy in the week ahead. So here it is - this week's top ten for the runner/spinner/sprinter in all of us:
  1. Holychild - "Running Behind"
  2. Jason Derulo - "Want to Want Me"
  3. Hilary Duff - "Sparks"
  4. Fall Out Boy - "Immortals"
  5. Tove Lo - "Talking Body"
  6. American Authors - "Best Day of My Life"
  7. Calvin Harris - "Outside"
  8. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - "Thrift Shop"
  9. Fitz and The Tantrums - "The Walker"
  10. Beyonce - "Run the World (Girls)" <-- Dedicated to Natasha (see below)
In case you were wondering, yes... I am a 15 year old girl trapped in a chubby, thirty-something body. Ha! Whatever... this music motivates me when I do my cardio!!!

Anyway, I just have to brag about my co-blogger before I close this post. I have been giving her grief about giving up on this little blog of ours, and she responded that she would write more but she just hasn't been very "fit" lately. I never believe her - this is the same girl who came to California on vacation, running a good 3-4 miles each day and saying that she was out of shape. Pft. Anyway, the day following her rant about her latest fitness disappointments, Natasha uploaded the below photo to Facebook, explaining "This is what you look like when crossing the finish line after a 4-miler in 90+ degree weather." SMH - this girl... 


So proud of you anyway, Tash! If a 4-miler in 90 degree weather is your idea of being lazy, I have a lot of catching up to do! Thanks for pushing me to do better :) (And to think I was proud of my little 3-4 mile power walks this weekend. Oy...) Until next time, my friends.

Cheers!

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment