Saturday, January 10, 2015

Fit or Fat (AKA It's January Already)?!?!

So, everyone knows that there is no shortage of fitness blogs.  I could use that information to avoid contributing to the excess of information available on the worldwide web, but what fun would that be.  Besides, if you've actually located this blog, then you're bored at work, home, or wherever you FB from.  When I initially wanted to do this blog, I thought that it would be a great way to motivate others (read: myself), stay accountable, and lose some weight in the new year.  New year, new you right?  At the stroke of midnight I would wake up, stop drinking, leave diet soda and the white stuff (read: sugar) behind, and start hourly workouts at the gym.  Well, it turns out that the sleepy, hungover, January 1st Natasha has little to no interest in doing anything other than lying down with a large pizza and a little hair of the dog (I digress).  

My gym looks like the mall on Black Friday.  There's no parking.  Many hopefuls are braving the elements in order to go hard for a week or two before they return to the couch for the winter. We owe ourselves better than that don't we?  Sometimes I wonder why I'm there with them.  The bottom line is, I love to exercise (most of the time).  I love to run.  I love to sweat.  I love the way it feels afterwards.  I love athletic wear and ear buds and trying to go faster than the person on the machine next to me.  Most of all, I love leaving a house full of unfolded laundry, unwashed dishes, and loud and expectant children and husbands behind.  I am a bit of a Nervous Nellie and there's nothing like a good run to quiet down the anxiety monster. 

I've heard that in order to reach any goal, you must figure out what your why is.  Why do  you want to be healthy? lose weight? eat better?  I MUST exercise for stress relief.  When the gym is empty and and it's cold and dark outside, what is it that will still make you get your butt out there and sweat?  I can't wait to hear it!

Natasha 
(In the interest of full disclosure, I had a cupcake about 5 minutes ago and it was great!)

No comments:

Post a Comment