Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Delusions of Grandeur

Greetings!

This is starting out as a rough week for me.  I try to maintain a healthy self-esteem.  I consider myself to be generally modest and humble most of the time.  Somehow, I manage to maintain and unfounded belief that I am physically capable of all things, with or without appropriate training or practice. With my half marathon date soon approaching, I figured that I should probably get off my ass and start doing some long runs (or any runs).  My last longish run was about 4 miles a couple of weeks ago.  I think I ran ten some time last summer (gulp).

Sunday, I made it out of bed for a group long run.  I lasted for 6 glorious miles.  They were only glorious after the fact of course.  Alas, every cloud has its silver lining.  I had an epiphany.  I need to start running soon and frequently if I want to have any chance of finishing my race without being picked up by the draggin' wagon (which I'm not really above, but I figure I should at least put forth some sort of effort).  I am out of shape.  My conditioning is embarrassing.

Why did I give up cardio again?  Oh yeah, for the muscles.  Running makes you feel good, but lifting makes you look good.  Decisions, decisions.  For now, I have decided to forsake all vanity in order to increase my cardiovascular endurance.  I managed a few more miles on Monday and some unintentional pool based HIIT training today.  Tomorrow is for rest and then back to business on Thursday I suppose. Now I just have to figure out how to avoid eating everything I see.

Onward and upward!

Natasha


No comments:

Post a Comment