Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Ten Tunes Tuesday

Music is literally the soundtrack to my life. I wake up with songs in my head. I sing in the shower. I annoy my coworkers with my frequent (and random) song bursts at my desk at work. I point out good songs on the speaker system in loud restaurants. There are very few times when I don't have music in my head, in my ears, or coming out of my mouth. Saying all that, it should come as no surprise to any of you that music is a big part of my workout routine.

When I kicked off this workout regimen back in December, a couple of really terrific friends made me a few workout playlists for me to use when I worked out. These were fantastic!!! I was completely honored by the gifts of these friends, and listened to those workout playlists continually for several months. As with all good things, they got a little stale over time so I have since mixed the songs from these playlists into other playlists that I now I have on rotation while I workout at the gym. 

While working out yesterday, I started thinking about my workout playlists - what these songs mean to me and how they motivate me to achieve more when I am at the gym. My song choices are very deliberate, and my workout playlist of the day is usually directly related to my mood right before I hit the gym. It got me thinking... do others use their playlists this way? What songs motivate them? Inspire them? Light a fire beneath their feet? Help calm them down after a rough day?

I decided to start posting a "Ten Tunes Tuesday" to share some of my favorite gym songs with you. If you have a song worth sharing, let me know and I'll include it here in a future post. I'm always looking for new gym music (and new music in general), so this should be a fun way to both share my favorite songs while learning about new ones! (Note: These aren't necessarily playlists, nor are these songs listed in the order in which they appear on any of my current playlists). Without further adieu, here is my first Ten Tunes Tuesday list - enjoy!
  1. Rita Ora - "Poison"
  2. DJ Khaled - "All I Do is Win"
  3. Beyonce - "7/11"
  4. Avicii - "Waiting for Love"
  5. Swedish House Mafia - "Don't You Worry Child"
  6. Zendaya - "Replay (Cahill Radio Edit)"
  7. Ke$ha - "Sleazy"
  8. T.I. - "Motivation"
  9. Dami Im - "Super Love"
  10. Fall Out Boy - "Centuries"

My friend Jay has a website called GymJams.club, a site dedicated to helping you find music for your playlist that will take your workout to the next level. This site has everything, from high energy beats to make you want to run faster to songs with a mellow, chill vibe that will help you concentrate during yoga. I've discovered quite a few of my new gym songs here, and think it's worth checking it out. (I get no benefit from saying this - I just genuinely think it's useful!). Feel free to peruse his site and check it out! In the meantime, tell me... do you use music to help you get through your daily workout routine? If so, what jams are motivating you? I'd love to hear from you!

Cheers!

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment